FFAW day 4 quotes: Take 4
Because I think we need a round number… And you guys are too brilliant!
1. Over an Open Field - Jeeno2: “Shortly before dawn, she speaks again.
"Are you still awake, Peeta?" she asks. She sounds almost nervous.
"I’m… so sorry," she tells him. It’s a whisper. "That I couldn’t keep you safe. That… that this is the best I can do for you."
Peeta turns to look at her. The earnest expression he sees on her face breaks him.
Unbidden, the thought – the elephant in the living room; the unanswerable question that’s looming over everything – rushes to the forefront of his mind.
What the fuck am I going to do now?
Without warning, Peeta bursts into tears.
He buries his face in her chest and her arms wrap around him tightly.
He cries himself to sleep. ”
2. Alone in a Crowded Room - Wollaston - “"No." I pointed in her face, cutting her off before turning to Mrs Fisk. "You want to know what’s really going on over there? She almost killed him. Her own son. He has a severe brain injury that she inflicted and is still struggling to get the hang of stairs. My mother is over there because he needs more treatment than Dr Lawrence has the time to give. Make another insinuation about her and see how that goes for you.” I turned toward Mrs Mellark, leaving Mrs Fisk gaping like a fish on a riverbank. “And you. Stop. Lying. I don’t know who you think you’re kidding. There isn’t a person in this District who doesn’t know what you did to your sons and idiots like this-” I hooked my thumb over my shoulder toward Mrs Fisk- “may buy into whatever bullshit you’re feeding them, but you’re not doing yourself any favors with the rest of us.”
"Who the hell do you think you are?" Mrs Mellark snapped, her voice creeping up entirely too high, and her skin flushing an inhumanly dark shade.
"This isn’t a conversation," I said, glancing behind her and catching sight of the lamp oil my mother listed. I stepped between them, reaching past her and snatching a bottle from the shelf before turning away and leaving the two of them standing there in shock ”
3. Heartsick - Misshoneywell: “"Are you stoned?" he questioned sternly, and I blanched. "Because this is not the time for your immature antics, Katniss," he continued in low tones. "In case you have forgotten, my twin sister is being put in the ground today."
I moved to jerk my hand out of his, but his sudden grip made it an impossible feat. “Are you fucking crazy?” I hissed back, very aware of Talia Mellark sitting one inch to my right, sobbing into her Chanel handkerchief while leaning bonelessly into her husband, Senator Peter “Van” Mellark IV, who was busy staring stoically down at the tarp covered ground. Or possibly his smart phone. “And when would I have been able to pull that one off? You’ve had your eagle eye on me all day.”
He smiled wryly and released my hand with a push that only I could detect. “Don’t worry. After this…inconvenience is put behind you, I’ll be more than happy to hold your hand while you get high. I know you’re dying to do so.”
I scoffed and he narrowed his eyes in agitated warning at my small outburst. “My form of medication is no more scandalous than yours, Peet.” He scowled at my childhood nickname for him. “I’m sure you’ll have your head under the first black dress that cries itself over to you tonight.”
He eyed me thoughtfully for a moment, no longer rising to my taunts. “Just try not to embarrass my family today.”
"Fuck you, Peeta."
"Gladly. Now shut your mouth, the show’s about to start," he murmured flatly."
4. You Quite So New - Atetheredmind: “He lowered his mouth to her stomach, his tongue licking a path up her ribcage where he pressed a kiss between her breasts. “I like your body,” he murmured, his teeth scraping the swell of her right breast, and she recognized the poem immediately. “I like to feel the spine of your body and its bones…” His hand trailed over the curve of her hip and the dip of her waist until it covered her left breast. “…And the trembling firm smoothness, and which I will again,” he kissed her protruding nipple, “and again,” his tongue swirled over it, “and again kiss.” There, he sucked it into his mouth, and she whimpered again. “I like kissing this and that of you,” he continued, his voice thick, as his teeth tugged at her nipple. Pinching her other nipple between his thumb and forefinger, his hand slid down her ribs again. “I like slowly stroking the shocking fuzz of your electric fur…” His fingers danced between her thighs again, finding the bundle of nerves that ached for his touch, and she moaned as he stroked once, twice. “…and what-is-it comes over parting flesh.”
His hand moved, and then he was pushing into her, stretching her fully, and they both groaned, her fingers digging into his shoulders. He set a steady pace, his thrusts bowing her back underneath him, and he dipped his head to kiss her, his tongue seeking hers, and she accepted him eagerly. “I like,” he gasped, his hips meeting hers over and over as his cock slid in and out of her, “I like the thrill of—under me you—” The rest of his words died in a grunt with one particular hard thrust, and she yelped, throwing her head back. ”
5. Maybe It’s Just Me - Bleedtoloveher: “Once they break apart, Peeta stills and turns his face in my direction. I’m vaguely aware of the cameras that are flashing around me, and the fact that the people in the crowd are quickly moving to form an open pathway between us. It’s not until my feet are moving at an alarming rate that I bring a hand to face and realize it’s covered in tears.
Suddenly, my arms are around Peeta’s neck and his are encircling my waist tightly. After a few moments, he tries to pull back, but I won’t allow it. I keep my face buried deep in the crook of his neck, trying to will my breathing to go back to normal. When we finally pull apart, just enough to look at each other’s faces, Peeta smiles and I cannot help but mirror his expression. He rests his forehead on mine, and wipes away the few remaining tears from under my eyes.
Before I can stop myself, I say the first words that pop into my mind.
"I almost thought that you weren’t going to come home."
Peeta’s mouth pulls up on one side, and he moves back, bringing his hands to my shoulders.
"Well, then you’re a dummy." ”
- awomanofthenightswatch likes this
- peetaspenis said: Thank you so much! So many amazing stories that I’m in company with. <3
- jennagill likes this
- yourpeetaisshowing likes this
- yourpeetaisshowing said: Aw. Thank you so much!
- anywaysrainydays likes this
- fuckingplebe said: Thank you for the love!
- kismetff likes this
- streetlightlove1 posted this